There’s a range of opportunities available* – both short-term projects and longer-term volunteer needs – across most of our committees.
Following is a brief overview of the committees that currently need members, including some that have specific skillsets they’re seeking. For more information on any of our committees, please review committee descriptions.
Please contact Holli Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the volunteer opportunity or to be connected with the committee co-chair.
*Availability is subject to change.
Help plan the 2017 Classics Awards Banquet! A variety of positions open on the committee, fulfilling a variety of roles such as attracting new sponsorships, designing our event creative and communicating with the local community. All interest and experience levels within the PR industry are welcome.
The Career Center committee works to support professionals seeking new or different career opportunities in public relations. The committee hosts and communicates about events throughout the year that connect members with mentors, recruiters and employers. It also maintains and solicits postings for the Minnesota PRSA online job board, including full-time positions, internships and volunteer opportunities. We are currently looking for volunteers for:
- Planning and coordinating career events (such as a recruiter panel or a career preparedness workshop)
- Developing a sustainable mentoring program that effectively links mentors and mentees
- Developing an outreach approach around the Minnesota PRSA job board
Plan and hold MN PRSA’s great monthly events ranging from professional development to networking and service opportunities.
Provide content and help manage internal and external chapter communications, including social media channels, the website, the blog, etc. Needs include:
- Help manage Minnesota PRSA social channels. One volunteer needed to partner with LinkedIn community manager; one volunteer to partner with our Facebook and Twitter social manager; two volunteers to partner on piloting Instagram.
- Fill “part-time” volunteer roles assisting with copy writing when necessary for the Link, website, blog, etc.
- Photographer (professional or amateur) to take photos at Minnesota PRSA events (includes free event admission)
Help us promote membership in the Minnesota chapter of PRSA. This committee reaches out to public relations professionals and recent public relations graduates who are currently not members of PRSA. We also work on:
- Member retention programs
- Special programs for new members to help them understand chapter opportunities
- Mentorship program to connect experienced PRSA members with professionals of all ages and experience levels
- Special recognition programs for veteran members
Promote APR (Accredited in Public Relations) as a mark of distinction for professionals. Volunteers must be current APRs if they are mentoring candidates. Non-APRs interested in event planning, promotion and other administrative tasks are also welcome. Needs include:
- Motivating non-APR chapter members to pursue APR and prepare for the APR exam
- Coach or mentoring APR candidates throughout the process
- Planning study workshops and promoting accreditation
The Business Outreach committee assists the chapter’s committees and Board in promoting the role of public relations and PRSA to the business community in Minnesota and beyond.
- Help execute the outreach strategy for media and professional associations